As the one of the best bloggers in our house (not counting Didsbury Son) I thought it was time to join the other untrained, uncalled for, unrepresentative people who call themselves experts.
Here are Didsbury Dad’s top ten tips.
1. Remember not to check anything before it goes out. Typos and predictive text can be the difference between dull and unintentionally funny.
2. There are 3964 parenting blogs in Britain. All are as necessary as a second piece of cake.
3. Be current. Happy Thanksgiving to all my American readers.
4. Swearing can alienate a lot of family readers, so use it carefully.
5. Writing successfully needs inspiration. Didsbury has several places that are awe inspiring and all serve cake – AiryFairyCupCake Boutique, The Alpine Tea Rooms and Cafe Nero.
6. If you are writing a parenting blog you can only mention lack of sleep and sick on your shoulder every 100 words.
7. A picture can tell 1000 words but 500 is more than enough for a blog which can be awkward.
8. Work out if you actually have 10 tips before you start.
10. You’ll have to waffle.
This picture of a fog warming sign on the M62 has nothing to do with the blog; that’s No. 11 for free.
A rainbow at MediaCityUK